Sunday 20 January 2013

Night Out With Ma Girls

     Hahaha, so I went out yesterday with Vanessa and it was supposed to be a pretty good day. We were going to see a movie and then the Science faculty was having this loving charity variety show. So we were kinda pumped to start the day.....but it kinda ended up being pretty meh. We went to see Silver Linings Playbook....which was okay. The more I think about it, the more I like it, but it was really strange. From a sociological standpoint, I can see how it would be really interesting, and I liked that about it. But when I left I just kept thinking how I could have really waited till it came out on DVD.


     But ANYWAY, we went back and had some supper and then headed out for the variety show. Just kind of tangential to my story, why the heck is it called a "variety show" these days instead of a "talent show?" It doesn't really make sense, did they no longer consider what people did on stage 'talent' and decided that they'd just refer to it as a variety of stuff.....? Back to my story. Umm, so we attended this show and it was, again, okay. It seemed to drag on forever and was a tad bit poorly organized, but there was some really good talent. So yeah....that was okay for a Saturday. I didn't get any homework done and I'll probably regret that for the rest of the week, but at least it was sort of relaxing. C'est la vie. 

                                           "Do it with passion....or not at all."


No idea what's wrong with my eyes in this....


No comments:

Post a Comment