Friday 18 January 2013

Hello There!

     Hello there everyone!! So, as the blog description thingy says, my name is Megan and I am an 18 year old university student. But that is truly the least interesting thing about me, I promise. Not to say that I'm, by any means, vastly interesting. But things are always happening around me. And I see, listen, and marvel at the world around me, which is, in fact quite interesting. So, this is me, telling you about my world.
     I'm trying to pick up the pieces of my life. Because it was violently shattered this past Christmas Eve by the unexpected death of my Mom. Now, I'm getting that out now so it's no surprise if I say something about it later. And it hurts....all the time. And though I know there are so many out there who care about me, I feel alone quite a lot. But ANYWAY! This blog isn't one for me to mope about my past, but to look forward to building my future.
     I want to talk about my family really quickly because, well, they are the most important thing in my life. I have the most wonderful father on the entire planet, and I know every Daddy's Girl will say that, but this man is my hero. He has seen so much pain and sorrow in his short life, but he still finds the strength to smile and hold us together. He just lost the love of his life, but he still manages to make things work. He is the strongest man I know. And then there's my amazing younger brother. I say younger, but truthfully we're more like twins and he's a monster compared to me in size. I'm like 5'1 and he's like 6 feet. He plays almost every contact sport out there and he's absolutely hilarious. And he's my best friend. I can tell him anything. So these are my boys. Our life has just been torn apart, but we're trying to put the pieces back together, and I know we'll be okay. I've got two strong men in my life, and I couldn't be more proud to call them blood. We'll never be the same without Mom, but we'll be happy again.
     The second most important part of my life is God. Well, technically, he's tied for first, but he just happens to be second in this post. I am so flippin' religious. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Most people refer to us as Mormons or LDS. And I know there are many who would read this and scoff at my beliefs, who would call me weak. And frankly, that's okay because we're all entitled to believe whatever we'd like. And I'm not going to criticize your beliefs. I pride myself on not judging others on their life choices because it is YOUR LIFE. But my faith is an incredibly important aspect of my life. Its a comfort and a hope for my future. And I love it.
     I could lay out my life and favorite things for ya right now, but I'll not bore you with those...yet. I just wanted to tell you about the two things that, more than anything, have shaped me into the person I am today, and continue to shape the dreams I have for the future. I look forward to pouring myself into this, and I hope that you enjoy it to some extent. Goodbye for now!!

                                     "Into the darkness you shine. Out of the ashes we rise."

1 comment:

  1. I'm the first to comment on your blog! Looking forward to following along with your journey of discovery. :)

    ReplyDelete